List:       avro-user
Subject:    Emitting avro from a streaming hadoop step
From:       Brenden Brown <brenden.brown () placed ! com>
Date:       2017-04-17 23:28:08

Is there any support for using avro with streaming hadoop? I've tried a
couple different approaches, but every time ended up with files that
couldn't be loaded by avro_tools. I suspect it is because of using the
default text output format, but I couldn't find a different output format
that would help. The built-in AvroTextOutputFormat doesn't help, because
that only supports the "bytes" schema.

Before spending the time to write up my attempts and findings, is this a
known issue? Should I expect to be able to get this to work?

Brenden