List:       avro-user
Subject:    input schema
From:       Alex Nastetsky <alex.nastetsky () vervemobile ! com>
Date:       2015-11-19 16:17:41

Hi,

It seems that specifying the input schema when reading Avro files in a
MapReduce job is required. I would expect it to be optional, since the
schema already exists in the file itself. It seems that specifying an input
schema would only be useful to handle schema discrepancies between actual
and expected schemas.

Alex.