List:       avalon-users
Subject:    Re[2]: Fotress: xconf/roles confusion
From:       Anton Tagunov <atagunov () mail ! cnt ! ru>
Date:       2003-05-31 8:13:50

Hello Berin!

JAF> you can declare your components in your xconf file like this (or at least you
JAF> used to):

BL> You still can.

JAF>   <component
JAF>     role="org.apache.bizserver.docs.DocumentRepository"
JAF>     class="org.apache.bizserver.docs.DatabaseDocumentRepository">
JAF>       <dbpool>documents</dbpool>
JAF>   </component>

Hmm... it seems like the DefaultContainer ingnores the 'role'
attribute, doesn't it? Instead only the 'class' is honoured and
the list of roles is extracted from the meta-info, isn't it?

BL> Just add the "handler" attribute to determine how the component is
BL> managed, and all will be well--except you won't have dependency
BL> checking.

And the "handler" attribute also seems to be ignored.
The handler type comes from the metadata too.

If the @(x-)avalon style metadata is missing for a class
the one from the roles file is used (if one is present).

BTW, that was the reason why I patched the inline documentation
in the DefaultContainer to remove role and handler from the
sample and the patch was accepted.

WBR, Anton

P.S.

Interesting enough, if the <component class='foo'/>
approach is used and a roles file is present then
the role and handler come from the roles file.
Did ECM have this feature?