List:       avalon-users
Subject:    Re[2]: [subscriptions] Re: How to build Fortress from source
From:       Anton Tagunov <atagunov () mail ! cnt ! ru>
Date:       2003-05-29 19:59:07

Hello Mike!

MH> C:\projects\avalon\avalon-excalibur\logger\src\java\org\apache\avalo
MH> n\excalibur\logger\DefaultLogKitManager.java:64: cannot resolve symbol
MH>     [javac] symbol  : class LogKitLogger
MH>     [javac] location: package logger
MH>     [javac] import org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.LogKitLogger;

Looks like when Avalon-framework was building it did not
find logkit.jar and skipped compiling

    org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.LogKitLogger

that relies on it.

I have found that project build better if they are layed out
as they are located in the cvs. The cvs layout is

    <your-build-topmost-root>/avalon-logkit
    <your-build-topmost-root>/avalon
    <your-build-topmost-root>/avalon-excalibur

Yet I have just looked through

    <my-build-topmost-root>/avalon/build.xml

and found nothing about importing logkit.jar automatically from

    <my-build-topmost-root>/avalon-logkit/build/lib

where it seems to get created.

My approach to building it all was to satisfy the dependencies
they want via

    <my-build-topmost-root>/avalon/lib
    <my-build-topmost-root>/avalon-excalibur/lib

directories.

In fact, if you put logkit.jar (freshly generated) to

    <my-build-topmost-root>/avalon/lib

I think you'll get it to build. Besides it is a good idea
to get log4j jar somewhere and put there too - even more
classes will build ;-)

- Anton