List:       avalon-dev
Subject:    [site] Excalibur Home
From:       J Aaron Farr <jaaronfarr () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 21:55:03

What are the plans for the Excalibur home page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/index.html)?  The site has always
looked intimidating to me -- a HUGE list of components (what do these do?
Which one do I want?) and a big notice saying "Refactoring!!!", which is like
telling developers you've got live radioactive waste on the site.

Perhaps we could write up a clear explanation of what's happening to Excalibur
(ECM), a hint of what is to come, and most importantly a short explanation of
each of the subprojects.  It takes quite a bit of time to visit each subproject
to understand what each is.  I think such a summary could seriously help users
understand what's going on and how to take advantage of the code.

Unless anyone has any objections, I'll start working on some ideas.

jaaron