List:       avalon-dev
Subject:    discontinuing XCommander
From:       Leo Simons <leosimons () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-10-28 20:12:29

Dear all,

XCommander (in the jakarta-avalon-apps CVS module) is an application I
wrote when learning avalon (and flash). It's been in use in the past in
some commercial setups, but more mature and better written tools have
since filled this nice.

I believe there is no active user of it anymore (if there is, this is
your chance to speak up!), nor is there active development. As a demo,
it isn't best-of-breed (I think it is ugly code), and rundandant as
other, clearer, code has been written to function as demo.

I propose to discontinue active development of XCommander, putting it in
maintainance only mode, adding notices of this in CVS and on the
website, and moving it to a graveyard, in time. If there are no -1s,
I'll take care of that.

best regards,

Leo Simons