List:       avalon-apps-dev
Subject:    RE: Proposed interfaces for InfoMover
From:       "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-08-19 12:37:52

> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org] >
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> >It would be interesting to get Stephen's spin on it as well
> since his
> >meta info stuff is pretty cool.  We might be able to connect them in
> >the container, in which case what Kevin last proposed would work
> >without a separate "registration" method.  The only downside
> is that we
> >are relying on black magick which may work, but I would need help
> >explaining it.
> >

> Quick question:  what's the expected difintion of the types
> Transaction
> and Response ?

They are in the CVS now.  The Transaction is composed of one or more
records which in turn have one or more fields.  It is the object model
for the data.  Really simple.  The Response object is a way of providing
meaningful representation of failures and successes.  It is not an
exception, although it may hold one.  They are processing artifacts,
and have nothing to do with context information or anything like that.