List:       autoconf
Subject:    Re: Dependency tracking not working on macOS
From:       Christoph_Grüninger <foss () grueninger ! de>
Date:       2022-10-09 22:43:26

Hi Paul,
thank you for your answer! I ensured that it is unrelated to my CI
runner: I asked a user with an Apple computer and he confirmed, that the
older version just worked and now he needs to add
--disable-dependency-tracking.

TMPDIR is also set, to an uncommon name
(/var/folders/lr/5gw1xrv53h1b_9mjjvs2k1dr0000gn/T/).

I compared the old config.status (generated with 2.69) and the new one
(generated with 2.71) and I see differences in the lines causing the
trouble.
If you want, I can sent you the relevant part of the diff. Or I try to
read it myself and try to figure out the commit triggering the changes.

Bye
Christoph

--
L'enjeu est de bâtir la France de nos enfants,
pas de ressasser la France de notre enfance.