List:       autoconf
Subject:    Re: Autoconf version number after 2.70
From:       Julien_ÉLIE <julien () trigofacile ! com>
Date:       2020-12-24 11:30:42

Hi all,

> There was little difference (and only a month) between Autoconf 2.66 and
> 2.67, so there's precedent for putting only a few changes into Autoconf
> 2.71 and publishing it relatively quickly.

I would even say it is "normal" for a quick 2.71 release.
8 years had passed since latest 2.69 release; the eco-system has been
adapting since then, and some issues are found after the official 2.70
release.
Keep up the good work Zack, and thanks for your long-awaited 2.70
release!  I hope Autoconf developement and more regular releases will
start again.

NB: there are "autoconf-latest" files to update in
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/ during the release process.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Farpaitement ! » (Obélix)