List:       autoconf
Subject:    Re: What about ax_boost_base.m4?
From:       Craig Sanders <cmsan1 () student ! monash ! edu>
Date:       2007-05-22 3:13:37

Hi Paul.

I used the AX_BOOST macros some months ago. From memory, the package is composed of a \
number of macros of which AX_BOOST_BASE is the base macro. I was using the macros \
under Fedora Core 2 (FC2) with 2 different versions of Boost installed. One version \
was the standard version that comes with FC2 (1.30.x I think), the other was version \
1.33.1 which I installed in my home directory. From memory, I was able to specify \
which installation of Boost I wanted the autotools to use and autoconf would find it \
and work out which version it it was. If you are like me, you may need to have a bit \
of a play with these macros first before you get the hang of how to use them.

> From memory these macros are written and maintained by a guy named Thomas \
> Porschberg (I hope I have spelt his name correctly). You should be able to find his \
> e-mail address somewhere in the AX_BOOST package. I if recollect correctly, he also \
> has a web-site which demonstrates how to use his macros, although I can't remember \
> what the URL is for it. You may want to try e-mailing Thomas directly if you have \
> any more queries about the macros and his package.

Hope this helps.

- Craig Sanders