List:       atlantik-devel
Subject:    [atlantik-devel] The big trade rewrite
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2004-10-14 0:57:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Trades are probably the most annoying thing left in Atlantik. They popup when
you least expect it, people always mess up, trades are not discussed.. when
someone rejects over a technicality one needs to recompose the contents..

I just committed two changes that break trades in monopd--development but will
eventually fix a lot of problems.

First: players can now alter a player attribute describing their "willingness
to trade". This prevents useless requests if you're secure about your game,
or just not ready yet with so much for sale still.

Second: a trade is now just created, and not created with another player.

It is my intention that trades will be created in full by one player, then
proposed, which Atlantik should handle more non-obtrusively. When players
don't like a proposal, they just leave it: the proposal itself can be altered
by the original player or left valid for a while. Players can also create a
counter proposal by cloning the trade (this leaves the original proposal
valid).

I don't think many people are really using the Arch versions of
Atlantik/monopd, but if you are: trades will not work properly for a while.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap@capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun