List:       atlantik-devel
Subject:    Re: [atlantik-devel]  [cap@capsi.com: [monopd-devel] auctions, debts,
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2003-07-10 6:29:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:47:46AM +0200, Erik Sigra wrote:
> I do not consider it a fun game element when I make mistakes. And I also do
> not consider it a fun game element when the dialog slows down the playing. So
> before I play again I would have to implement client-side automation of tax
> desicions. This would preserve the game element of other users making
> mistakes, which could perhaps be considered fun, but not fair.
>
> Any serious user would have to implement that. So keeping the tax dialog would
> give an unfair disadvantage to software-challenged people who can not compile
> from source and make modifications (or at least apply a patch).

I am so afraid that we start implementing this that eventually you can start
Atlantik, come back 30 minutes later, and see if you've won or not.

But all right, I'll automate tax decisions. As option. Mind if the default
is "off" ? :)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."