List:       atlantik-devel
Subject:    [atlantik-devel] Monopolies / monopd
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-05-03 12:09:25

Hello,

I saw your Monopoly application "Monopolies" on SourceForge. I am the
developer of monopd and Atlantik, a server and client for Monopoly games
on-line. I always designed the monopd server with the intention of having
multiple clients connecting to it, not just the KDE client I am writing but
also various other clients on other platforms as well.

Designing a complete network API and implementing all game rules into server
code is time consuming work, so it would be a shame if we all had to
reimplement that same functionality.

Would you be interested in making your client monopd compatible? This would
allow your users to play against users of the Atlantik client and possible
other clients in the future, creating one big Monopoly network.

For more information on the monopd server see http://sf.net/projects/monopd/
and for more information on the Atlantik client see
http://www.unixcode.org/atlantik/

Regards,

Rob Kaper (monopd/Atlantik developer)
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap@capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much