List:       ataraid-list
Subject:    Re: ATA RAID Promise PDC20276 - Solution
From:       "Nickolay Petrov - IT Divison, FEIB" <webmaster () feibbank ! com>
Date:       2002-10-19 10:55:30

I've got Gigabyte 8-IRXP mobo with two 60GB maxtor HDDs in mirror
I started the installation process of rh7.3 with the "expert" option, and I
was prompted to insert driver disk.
That's ok, because i've got one ;-).
http://tw.giga-byte.com/support/d_other.htm#promise276
After install everything was fine. RAID0 with DMA. And my /boot is also
there, because I dont have other drive to boot from ;-)
I am 90% sure that this driver should work for other brands, not only
Gigabyte. Worth trying.
And all this on the 2.4.18-3 kernel which ships with rh7.3

The problem is when upgrade to newer kernel. I don't know how to make it
load the modules for RAID.
The driver itself has instalation script, but this means that you must have
a running box, booted from other drive.
So if someone knows how to add the working modules from the old kernel to
the new one, let me know

thanks