List:       ataraid-list
Subject:    Re: pdcraid & udma
From:       Martin Lillepuu <martin () lillepuu ! com>
Date:       2002-06-30 23:33:33

Ühel kenal päeval (pühapäev, 30. juuni 2002 21:03) kirjutas Max Dubois:
> > I'm using SuSE 8.0 with Asus A7V333 and 2x60Gb
> > Maxtor D740X drives configured
> > as RAID1. IDE RAID controller is onboard Promise
> > MBFastTrack133 Lite using
> > linux native ataraid/pdcraid drivers. When tested
> > with bonnie/zcav, the array
> > thruput is only ~2MB/sec. On another system, zcav
> > scores about 37MB/sec
>
> What is bonnie/zcav?

bonnie and zcav are filesystem benchmarks. check
http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/ most distros should have packaged versions
available also.

Conserning my original problem, small patching and kernel-building solved it
(I just checked that using 2.4.19-rc1 kernel would have done the job also).
My Fasttrak133 is now detected correctly, drives dma is enabled and even usb
is working now :)

zcav gives me ~40MB/sec and bonnie scores have gone up quite a bit also.

--
Martin Lillepuu | e-mail: martin@lillepuu.com | gsm: +372 515 6450