List:       ataraid-list
Subject:    What the current situation with the Promise cupport in kernel?
From:       Dmitri Gofmekler <dmitri () arvid ! ee>
Date:       2002-06-16 16:44:51

Hello!
I'd a two week long diskussion with the Promise support about their linux
drivers that was completed with the think that Promise is unusable with linux.
But when I tried to compile the kernel today I found Fasttrak ATA RAID
controllers support in kernel. After a few hours of browsing the kernel and ata-
raid list archives I found that many people already use this stuff.
The question is about the current state of the driver, is it possible to use
these code in critical places, in production and hosting servers?

Is it possible to use FastTrak controller with kernel driver for 0+1 Level
(four drives, stripped/mirrored) in a production enviroment?
Is it possible to use FastTrak controller with kernel driver for 1 Level in a
production enviroment?
Where to find more information about usage and about events regarding this
driver?

Thanks in advance,
Dmitri.