List:       ataraid-list
Subject:    RE: driver for Promise PDC 20276 on Gigabyte 8IXRP mb?
From:       Paul Barrette <barrettep () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-05-18 0:13:34

Hi,
ya, that is what I thought about promise.  But I sent a msg off to asus
since it is really in their court with the asic on  the mobo.

I had ata raid but the performance was worse than the scsi emu ft mod.
I then installed as a reg. hd and the performance is much better than
ever.  E.g. my time dd example was done in 47 sec. Which is about 2x as
fast.