List:       asterisk-users
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-users] multiple outbound invites
From:       Max Grobecker <max.grobecker () ml ! grobecker ! info>
Date:       2017-02-22 21:45:07

Hi,

that could be caused when your upstream offers "100rel" and your Asterisk does not \
get a response fast enough from your upstream. Is your outbound peer monitored by the \
qualify feature (qualify=yes)?  Then asterisk should calculate the round-trip-time \
until a response arrives and should not resend the packets too fast. If that does not \
help, you could play around with the "timert1" settings in your peer's SIP \
configuration.

Also, this sounds to me like a bug on the carriers side. It seems they are maybe \
offering "100rel" to you, but do not send any SIP/1xx responses regarding your INVITE \
so your Asterisk resends these INVITEs because they are assumed lost. Since these \
INVITEs all have the very same Call-ID and CSeq number, your carrier's equipment \
should be able to determine these packets are regarding the same call. Again, I think \
your carrier should fix this problem on his site. If he wants to enforce \
rate-limiting to INVITEs he should do it right by honouring the Call-IDs and sequence \
numbers.

If you like you can anyway send me your trace off-list, maybe there's something other \
weird going on.

Greetings
 Max

Am 22.02.2017 um 18:57 schrieb Jeff LaCoursiere:

> Hello,
>
> I have two upstream providers we use for US termination.  The dialplan sends calls \
> out the "primary" and if that fails for specific reasons, it sends the same call \
> out the "secondary". This has worked well for us when we are lazy about keeping \
> balances up, for example.
> Starting a few days ago ALL calls sent to the 'primary' were returned as busy, \
> though the secondary terminated them fine.  We have a balance, and funny enough \
> international calls are going through fine, just not US calls.  I opened a ticket.
> The response form the carrier is that our asterisk is sending four simultaneous \
> invites within one second, and for that reason the call is rejected.
> I did a packet trace and was able to confirm this is true - only US calls sent to \
> this carrier cause our end to send four identical simultaneous invites.  When it \
> fails, a single invite for the same call is sent to the secondary, which is \
> terminated without issue.
> Happy to send the SIP trace if any would care to see it, but is there a reason \
> anyone can think of that our asterisk (11.11.0) would suddenly start doing this?  \
> It may be that it has been doing it all along, and our carrier just started \
> rejected calls that come in this way, I'm not sure.
> Cheers,

Viele Grüße aus dem Tal

Max Grobecker

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: