List:       asterisk-users
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-users] anyone who has experience with chinese clone
From:       Tim Nelson <tnelson () rockbochs ! com>
Date:       2010-12-28 16:08:16

> Can you specify what problems you had with the openvox cards i.e. related to your \
> comment "other than a bad run of analog cards we experienced last year"

We had a large number of cards and FXS modules failing. Upon installation into a new \
box, the cards and modules would give errors such as these:

-Power alarm on module X, resetting!
-Timeout waiting for calibration of module X
-Proslic Failed on Second Attempt to Calibrate Manually. (Try -DNO_CALIBRATION in \
                Makefile)
-Module X: FAILED FXS (FCC)
-TDM PCI Master Abort

Other times, the card would simply not appear to be plugged into the system at all \
even though it was firmly seated into the PCI slot and had proper power. FXS modules \
would also die at times, no dialtone would be present, or it would be full of static, \
clicks, and pops.

As mentioned, this was for a duration of time, roughly 3 months in length where \
around 45% of the hardware either failed upon installation, or failed in the field \
shortly thereafter.

Since that time, newly delivered hardware has been working properly overall.

--Tim