List:       asterisk-ss7
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-ss7] Megaco
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2013-08-15 3:54:41

Hi!
  Generally, Megaco is a relatively advanced protocol, much more complex th=
an
MGCP, which is partially supported by Asterisk. I'm afraid that it would be
necessary to write a Megaco stack from scratch, which will surely take a lo=
ng
time and will be expensive.
  Also, this mailing list is reserved for SS7 related topics, not for gener=
al
Asterisk questions, so there are probably not all the people which would =

eventually be able to help you. I'll suggest to post your question to some =

more general lists.
  With regards,
    Pavel

> Hi:
> =

> I need to connect an asterisk  to a softswitch that only speaks MEGACO.
> According to what I read, asterisk does not support MEGACO. ?Is there any
> patch or anyone willing to make a patch for making asterisk support MEGAC=
O.