List:       asterisk-ss7
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-ss7] KNK SS7-27 - first experiences - part 2
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2013-06-27 6:58:09

Hi Gustavo!

> Hi Pavel
>
> The function that reads SLTM and constructs the SLTA is std_test_receive \
> in mtp3.c (called by mtp3_receive). As far as I see, the test pattern \
> replied is the same as received in SLTM, which is correct according to \
> Q.707 2.2, the test pattern is chosen by the emitter (EWSD in your case). \
> If I remember correctly, EWSD has a fixed test pattern for the whole CCNC \
> (stored on PMU:SIMP), so the test pattern for the whole switch is the \
> same. This is a very interesting case, I'll try to reproduce the scenario \
> with the Inet Spectra.

I have no doubts about the test pattern. It must be the same and it is the
same. However, the test is more complex to accept the SLTA - I think, that
not only the test pattern, but also the whole RL is verified (i.e. OPC, \
DPC, NI, SLS) and must match expected values. And in this case, the DPC \
must be wrong! EWSD is very strict in its requirements and I don't believe \
that it would ignore such a mismatch. So, I'm suspecting that the DPC sent \
in the SLTA is not taken from the Asterisk linkset configuration, but just \
copied from the incoming SLTM's OPC. I cannot imagine another scenario, \
which would lead to the observed problem.

> Regarding to the link down for Ast and UP for the remote side, I saw \
> (perhaps) the same issue with Nec Neax 61E (old and buggy version), and \
> the only thing that worked was to set MTP3 T.21 to a lower value. Off \
> course that's not the ideal solution, but forces the Ast side to assume \
> the linkset is up with no TFx or TRA messages involved. T.21 should be \
> between 63 to 65 seconds, on that case Ast complaints about receiving \
> MSUs with the linkset down until T.21 expiration, when the linkset \
> suddenly goes to up state.

I already have a very low MTP3 T.21 value, to bring the linkset up ASAP.

> Just my 0.02.

Many thanks!

> Best regards
>
> Gustavo