List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-dev] Dual contact entries in "pjsip show contacts"
From:       Joshua Colp <jcolp () digium ! com>
Date:       2018-03-22 11:50:19

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018, at 8:43 AM, Floimair Florian wrote:
> Thanks Joshua for your quick answer.
>
> I am indeed referring to outgoing calls.
>
> The contacts are created as a result of an inbound registration.
> Before the first registration I only have dual entries for the
> endpoints.
> After the first registration I see the 2 contacts, which are in fact
> identical.
> The database itself only contains a single entry for all entities, which
> would explain why it
> works after a restart.
>
> The workflow is as follows.
>
> 1 - Create endpoint/auth/aor for Alice using ARI push configuration
> 2 - Create endpoint/auth/aor for Bob using ARI push configuration
> I see two entries for each of them when issuing "pjsip show endpoints"
>
> 3 - A registers and a contact is created
> 2 (identical) contacts are shown as "Available", since there are also
> two endpoints shown
>
> 4 - B registers and a contact is created
> 2 (identical) contacts are shown as "Available", since there are also
> two endpoints shown
>
> 5 - Alice tries to call Bob
> Asterisk refuses with
> res_pjsip.c: Endpoint 'Bob': Could not create dialog to invalid URI
> 'Bob'.  Is endpoint registered and reachable?
> chan_pjsip.c: Failed to create outgoing session to endpoint 'Bob'
> app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'PJSIP' (cause 3 - No
> route to destination)
> app_dial.c: Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
> pbx.c: Auto fallthrough, channel 'PJSIP/Bob-00000814' status is
> 'CHANUNAVAIL'
>
> I have seen this already more than a year ago with 13.x and 14.x as well
> (currently I'm using the latest 15.3.0).
> I was not able to reproduce it since as everything works flawlessly
> after a restart.
> It was only now that I realized that the issue is related to creating
> the endpoint/auth/aor objects on a running system with no restarts
> since.

It sounds almost as if there are two backends for the objects, one in memory and one \
database... but your configuration certainly doesn't show that. Have you bumped up \
core debug (debug to console in logger.conf and core set debug 9) and looked to see \
if anything stands out?

There is no cache or memory mechanism built into sorcery that is always there, so I'm \
not sure where it'd have two objects stored or where to look. The "pjsip show \
endpoints" command just asks the sorcery backends to return the data they have, for \
example.

--
Joshua Colp