List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-dev] Asterisk 14 doesn't cache media, really
From:       Joshua Colp <jcolp () digium ! com>
Date:       2018-02-22 18:06:52

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018, at 7:42 PM, Gaurav Khurana wrote:
> Does anyone know about how caching of media actually happens in Asterisk
> 14? What I observe is that in the case of a media uri being presented to
> Asterisk to play to the caller, Asterisk fetches the media, stores it
> in /tmp and plays it back. Now, when the same media uri is presented to
> Asterisk again whether in the same Call (SIP session with a given
> caller) or a new call, Asterisk makes a web request to fetch the media
> file again and replaces the existing file under /tmp  with the new one.
> This is kinda fine but what doesn't seem right is that when Media server
> serving the media files is down, Asterisk fails to play it instead of
> using the cached media file.

I don't think that scenario was targeted for the support when it was written. It may \
have just been written to not download the file if it hasn't changed which would \
explain the behavior you are seeing. I think it'd be reasonable to add support for \
the scenario and shouldn't be too bad depending on the code.

--
Joshua Colp