List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-dev] [BOUNTY] offered : Allow 256 bit SRTP cipher suites
From:       Alexander Traud <pabstraud () compuserve ! com>
Date:       2016-07-13 12:28:20

> libSRTP supports the stronger cipher suites already, so I *believe* only Asterisk \
> source code needs minor changes. Desired cipher suites: AES_CM_256_HMAC_SHA1_32
> AES_CM_256_HMAC_SHA1_80

It got a bit more complex because the code in Asterisk expected a fixed key length of \
30 bytes. Furthermore on egress, Asterisk offered just a single crypto suite, which \
would have made it incompatible with legacy implementations. Anyway, there you go: \
<https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26190>

If you need a backport to Asterisk 11, just ask. However, please, motivate why you \
cannot update to Asterisk 13, yet.