List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-dev] How to diagnose early media on a PRI
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2014-08-05 4:10:33

> > > I'm not an expert on PRI, but maybe your telco is not passing on the early media to the caller.
>
> Yes, I believe that to be the case as well.  My Telco has been...less than helpful.  They are blaming \
> the PBX, so I'm looking for a way to prove that asterisk is doing things correctly and shift the blame \
> back on them.
Hi!
  It's very probable that the PSTN switch is not passing audio, even you are sending the Progress IE in \
the Alerting message telling that the audio is available.  It is the default setting of most "mature" \
PSTN switches. For example, on EWSD, you would need to have the parameter PTHRUCON in your category to \
allow passing audio from the PBX without answer. Without it, the switch starts sending its own Ringback \
tone and totally ignores your media. With other switches, it's very similar.  However, I'm very \
surprised, why Asterisk sends Alerting at all ? There should be DISCONNECT with Clear Cause 17 (User \
Busy) and it can also contain the Progress IE with Inband Info now Available.   With regards,
    Pavel