List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-dev] chan_sip usereqphone option
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2014-06-11 19:03:55

Hi!

> On 11 Jun 2014, at 19:35, George Joseph <george.joseph@fairview5.com> \
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Mark Michelson \
> > <mmichelson@digium.com> wrote: Hi!
> >
> > It has been brought to my attention that chan_pjsip does not have an \
> > equivalent to chan_sip's usereqphone option. However, nobody here seems \
> > to know how useful such an option actually would be. The result is, we \
> > have no idea if an equivalent should be made in chan_pjsip or if we \
> > should just leave that option alone. I figure that the -dev list may \
> > have some experience with setting up accounts with a variety of SIP \
> > providers and could shed some light on the usefulness of that option.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I've set up a dozen providers but never needed usereqphone.   For pjsip \
> > though couldn't you just add ';user=phone' to a contact uri if you \
> > needed it?
> I've seen quite a few SIP trunks that require this. But not in a contact.
>
> /O

This information is there to specify, that the user field of the URI (in \
any of headers specifying an address) contains an E.164 formatted telephone \
number. When not present, sip servers may omit E.164 parsing and conversion \
rules (for example, substitution of "+" to "00" or other prefix, deleting \
the country  code for local calls etc.), thus making the calls unroutable \
or containing irregular information (i.e. calling party number in incorrect \
format). However, it CANNOT be present for URIs, which don't contain the \
number (like anonymous@anonymous.invalid). Proper implementation of this \
tag is necessary for interworking of Asterisk with practicaly any modern \
professional NGN equipment (Application Servers, IMS network elements \
etc.).  So, please, full implementation (like in chan_sip) is really \
necessary.

  WIth regards,
    Pavel