List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    [asterisk-dev] Rtcp Clarification
From:       Raja Chidambaram <raja_chidambaram82 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-06-26 18:46:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,
I am using asterisk 1.4.18 verison running in public Ip and I have two pjsip based \
endpoints making calls through the asterisk.During the calls I was concequently \
monitoring the call/media statistics through RTCP , by doing "rtcp debug" command in \
this I find asterisk receives RTCP SR packets from both the endpoints and also \
immediately sends back RTCP RR packet to the endpoint where it received RTCP SR \
packet from.

But the problem arises when I change the allow tag in  the /etc/asterisk/users.conf  \
to  "allow=ulaw" (allow only ulaw codec)  for these endpoints then the asterisk \
receives RTCP SR packets but never sends RTCP RR packets back, Because of this I \
unable to calculate RTT and TX jitter's in the endpoints. I am not sure whether this \
is a bug in asterisk. please help me in this.

with regards
raja