List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-dev] Clarification of asterisk-addons (new subject)
From:       "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming () digium ! com>
Date:       2006-08-30 19:10:56

----- Johansson Olle E <olle@voop.com> wrote:
> I think Kevin or Mark has to answer this, but I think that the -
> addons code is still disclaimed, but isn't compatible
> with the commercial licensing due to licenses in other Open Source
> packages. I don't think that addons contains
> code that is not disclaimed to Digium.

Generally speaking, code goes into Asterisk-Addons instead of Asterisk when it cannot \
be shipped commercially by us without requiring the end user to obtain a separate \
commercial license for dependencies of that code, or when there other licensing \
concerns related to commercial usage (patents, etc.)

So, as an example, while the MySQL connector modules are freely usable under the GPL \
by anyone using them with a GPL copy of Asterisk, users of commercially-licensed \
copies of Asterisk have to obtain a separate commercial license for MySQL as well. \
The same is true for chan_ooh323, because the Objective Systems H323 stack is \
licensed under the GPL or commercially, but not under any single license that is \
compatible with both.

However, code in Asterisk-Addons is still disclaimed, and must still not rely on any \
'pure GPL' (GPL only) libraries, because it is still shipped and used commercially.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer