List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [Asterisk-Dev] AST_FLAG_DEFER_DTMF (would like dialogic-r4	like
From:       "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming () digium ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 20:40:38

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> This is already possible. What you may not realise is that any time you
> are playing an interuptable prompt, you need to check the exit status to
> see if digits where received.

And I'll only jump in to the highlight the difference between
AGI/Background and app_externalivr: in the normal case, you have set up
a list of digits/keys that are allowed to interrupt the playback, and
they always will do so. With app_externalivr, you receive DTMF input
_simultaneously_ with the playback and you can decide whether to
interrupt or not based on whatever logic you choose.