List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    [Asterisk-Dev] Re: Full RTP support
From:       tony () softins ! clara ! co ! uk (Tony Mountifield)
Date:       2005-05-30 21:28:03

In article <4299A7F3.7050006@coppice.org>,
Steve Underwood <steveu@coppice.org> wrote:

> The RTP support in * is pretty basic right now. There is no support for
> SRTP, or the FEC schemes. T.38 over RTP will not be much use without
> support for the error correction schemes defined in RFC2198 and RFC2733.
> Is anyone working on this?

I'm not, but the question raises a couple of points in my mind:

* if these schemes were implemented in Asterisk, would the use of RTP
  for voice also notice a benefit?

* I believe the OH323 channel uses the RTP stack from openh323 instead
  of the Asterisk one. Does anyone know if that RTP stack includes the
  above error correction schemes?

Cheers
Tony
--