List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    [Asterisk-Dev] Re: callerid= in iax.conf does not work when incoming caller id is blank
From:       "Linus Surguy" <linus () magrathea-telecom ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-10-29 14:16:39

I've raised this as a bug (456) on the bug tracker, but just in case anyone
would like to comment, I've notice that the callerid= feature to override
the users caller id on an incoming IAX2 call does not function if the user
presents a blank caller id.

Is this a bug, or is it a feature?

It is caused by these lines in check_acccess() in chan_iax2.c

if (strlen(iaxs[callno]->callerid)) {
    if (user->hascallerid)
         strncpy(iaxs[callno]->callerid, user->callerid,
sizeof(iaxs[callno]->callerid)-1);
    strncpy(iaxs[callno]->ani, user->callerid, sizeof(iaxs[callno]->ani)-1);
}

Linus