List:       asterisk-biz
Subject:    Re: [Asterisk-biz] Evaluating Asterisk for commercial purposes
From:       Tracy R Reed <treed () copilotconsulting ! com>
Date:       2004-06-09 1:11:43

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 08:40:33PM -0400, Steve Totaro spake thusly:
> As for number 3, you can stream the audio so you wont even have to count
> the ones just listening.  Never done it but I know I saw it on the list
> or the wiki, I took interest but don't have an application yet.
>
> Dual xeons can can run two quad port t1/te cards with very little
> problem.  You need some beef but it is very possible.

Two quad port t1 cards doing g729 decoding on the incoming data and the
usually necessary echo suppression? I have heard otherwise. I guess I'll
just have to try it out for myself one of these days.

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig