List:       ast-users
Subject:    [ast-users] How to use the option -R of ksh?
From:       ast-user () icarus ! freeuk ! com (Icarus Sparry)
Date:       2007-12-19 1:46:01

>Could anybody show me how to use the option -R of ksh?
>I don't quiet understand the manual.

This question is related to the last couple of emails on this list,
my one about CIA and David's reply.

First - Thank you David, I do appreciate you looking into seeing if CIA
can be released.

The way that you use -R is
	ksh -R output.vdb shellscript.ksh
which creates the output.vdb file, with the relationships and entities
from the shellscript.ksh file.

output.vdb is an archive and is a text file. I have not found a good
description of the format. However 'pax' from ast-open can extract the
ENTITY and RELATIONSHIP files from this archive. Obviously the ksh
source code gives some of the story. For instance things matching
	p;[0-9a-zA-Z_@]*
are base64 encoded hashed values in the RELATIONSHIP file that refer
to entities in the ENTITY file.