List:       ast-developers
Subject:    [ast-developers] [ast-users] SIGINT not ignored during running job
From:       werner () suse ! de (Dr !  Werner Fink)
Date:       2007-11-16 9:54:57

Hi,

as ksh script like

  #!/bin/ksh
  echo starting ./testsig
  ./testsig
  echo ending

does not ignore SIGINT but does exit.  The bash and also all
bourne shell I know ignores as long the job ./testsig is
running which is that the jon its self receives the SIGINT.
To make this work correct with the ksh the scriptlet above
becomes

  #!/bin/ksh
  echo starting ./testsig
  trap '' SIGINT
  ./testsig
  trap - SIGINT
  echo ending

... but why isn't that done by the ksh its self?  Both ksh
scriplets can be called on the command line and interrupted
by Ctrl-C to send SIGINT from the keyboard.  The first scriplet
ends and the ./testsig job runs in background, the second
scriplet ignores SIGINT.

Could it be that the flag set in shtab_signals[] for SIGINT is
missing the SH_SIGDONE bit?  But even if added I do not see
how the signal could be suppressed in sh_fault() without
modifying the code.

     Werner

--
 Dr. Werner Fink <werner@suse.de>
 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstrasse 5,  Nuernberg,  Germany