List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] aspell 0.60.6.1 returning suggestions for a correctly spelled word
From:       "Sean Hope (shope)" <shope () cisco ! com>
Date:       2017-06-29 14:17:32

Hello,

We use aspell as the basis for a spell checker of our source code. Recently our build \
machines have been updated, and the version of aspell present on them has changed. \
The newer version has some different behaviour, and I'm wondering if it is a bug, a \
feature, or something I can workaround.

The problem is that longer words that are spelled correctly, are being indicated as \
incorrectly spelled, with the requested word, one of the suggestions.

For example, the word "transmission" shows this behaviour.

Working:
========

> echo "transmission" | /usr/bin/aspell -l en \
> --dict-dir="/auto/gdp-tools/uspell/en_dict/" pipe
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.3)
*

Non-Working:

> echo "transmission" | /usr/bin/aspell -l en \
> --dict-dir="/auto/gdp-tools/uspell/en_dict/" pipe
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.6.1)
& transmission 7 0: transmission, trans mission, trans-mission, transmissions, \
transmission's, retransmission, transition

Any advice?

Thanks,
Sean