List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] How to use typo analysis? [GishPuppy]
From:       aspell.ahr0 () gishpuppy ! com
Date:       2012-04-19 0:45:13

A friend of mine KNOWS touch typing, but often strays from the "home row" without \
bothering to check his typing.  This results in emails with things like "gwkki" \
instead of "hello."

Sometimes, the intended words aren't too difficult to figure out, but it's no unusual \
for him to send emails with lengthy subject lines in which everything is out of \
whack.

Is it the purpose of aspell's "typo analysis" to be able to suggest the correct words \
for situations such as mentioned above?  If so, how does one use this feature?

I have tried something along the lines of:

echo "gwkki" | aspell -a --sug-typo-analysis

but the suggestions that aspell gave were clearly the same as normal spell checking \
without the typo option.

How SHOULD I be using this so that an analysis of "gwkki" will produce a suggestion \
of "hello", if that is even at all possible?

Thank you.

Gishpuppy | To reply to this email, click here:
http://www.gishpuppy.com/cgi-bin/edit.py?email=aspell.ahr0@gishpuppy.com