List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Dictionary Portuguese update
From:       Gustavo Gonzalez <gugupqd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-02 18:11:50

Dear Friends,

I tested here aspell in both version linux and windows and as I know the
aspell linux uses the version 060 and windows 050.

The point is ... only Linux dictionary has the Portuguese Language
Orthographic Agreement between countries. So in 2013 the Agreement will
change a lot of words in Brazil, Portugal and other countries... I tried to
use word-list-compress to export words from the linux dictionary and create
a new RWS dictionary to test with windows version and didn't work. =[

The linux dictonary has some Character and it it not supported in windows.

Example: C:\aspell\bin>aspell --lang=pt create master add.rws < wordlist.txt
Unhandled Error: The word "DIn/B" is invalid. The character '/' may not
appear a
t the middle of a word.

way.

So my mission is find a way out to export the linux dictionary to windows
... I really don't know if it can be done....

You can see my steps in attach.

If you have a suggestion or a tip will be nice. =]

Best regards.

["ASPELL.txt" (text/plain)]

ASPELL - A Missćo

1- TENTATIVA 1

word-list-compress c[ompress] | d[ecompress]
Description
word-list-compress compresses or decompresses sorted word lists for use with the GNU \
Aspell spell checker. Commands

-c, c, compress
    compress the plain text word list read from standard input.
-d, d, decompress
    decompress the compressed word list read from standard input.

Examples
Here are a few examples of how you can use word-list-compress

word-list-compress d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt
    Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt
word-list-compress c <wordlist.wl >wordlist.cwl 2>errors.txt
    Compress wordlist.wl to wordlist.cwl and send any error messages to a text file \
named errors.txt  LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | word-list-compress c \
>wordlist.cwl  Sort a word list, then pipe it to word-list-compress to create a \
> compressed binary wordlist.cwl file.
word-list-compress d <words.cwl | aspell create master ./words.rws
    Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. \
Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options.

- TENTATIVA 2

aspell6-pt_BR-20090702-0

/usr/lib64/aspell-0.60/<unknown>.dat

1) Na pasta icewarp/aspell/bin crie um arquivo txt (ex: add.txt) e nele coloque uma
palavra por linha, por exemplo

caminhões
palavranova
etc...

2) Na pasta bin, digite:

aspell --lang=pt create master add.rws < add.txt

3) Ele deve criar um add.rws (compilado) e ja colocar na pasta aspell/dict (caso
negativo, copie add.rws para aspell/dict)

4) Edite o arquivo pt_PT.multi

adicione a seguinte linha

add add.rws

Outros comandos uteis:

1) C:\IceWarp\aspell\bin>echo macacu | aspell --lang=pt_br --encoding="iso8859-1" \
pipe

*** permite testar uma palavra se ele acha uma correcao, por exemplo macacu ele acha
macaco

@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.3)
& macacu 13 0: macaca, macaco, maca cu, maca-cu, macacŅo, maciža, macižo, macuco
, maca, maža, mažŅ, macacas, macacos

Pode tambem ser usado aspell --lang=pt check arquivo.txt (arquivo contendo palavras)

2) aspell -d pt dump master > palavra.txt

*** gera um arquivo texto contendo todas as palavras do dicionario.

- TENTANDO AINDA 3

Synopsis
prezip-bin [ -V | -d | -z ]
Description
prezip-bin compresses/decompresses sorted word lists from standard input to standard \
output.

Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows a larger character set \
of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words larger than 255 characters \
in length. It can also decompress word-list-compress(1) compatible files. Commands
Prezip-bin accepts only one of these commands.

-V
    Display prezip-bin version number to standard output.
-d
    Read a compressed word list from standard input and decompress it to standard \
                output. This can be a word-list-compress(1) or a prezip-bin \
                compressed file.
-z
    Read a binary word list from standard input and compress it to standard output.

Examples

prezip-bin -d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt
    Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt
prezip-bin -z <wordlist.txt >wordlist.pz 2>errors.txt
    Compress wordlist.txt to binary file wordlist.pz and send any error messages to a \
text file named errors.txt  LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | prezip-bin -z \
>wordlist.pz  Sort a word list, then pipe it to prezip-bin to create a compressed \
> binary wordlist.pz file.
prezip-bin -d <words.pz | aspell create master ./words.rws
    Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. \
Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options.

Tips
Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose \
compression program since resulting files may actually increase in size.