List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] spell checking in notepad++593
From:       Jan Schreiber <jan.schreiber () uni-due ! de>
Date:       2011-10-12 11:40:59

For some reason, Aspell is trying to write to its own directory. One
possible reason, among others, is that the %HOME% variable is not set.

Open a command line and type %HOME%. If the variable is not set, go to
Systemsteuerung\System und Sicherheit\System -> Erweiterte
Systemeinstellungen -> Umgebungsvariablen.

Under "Benutzervariablen," create a new variable %HOME% and assign it
the value %USERPROFILE%.

I think this is what I did on my Win 7 machine, but I'm not 100% sure.