List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Aspell 0.60.7 Pre-Release Snapshot Now Available
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () gnu ! org>
Date:       2011-07-05 6:31:20

A pre-release snapshot of the next stable version of Aspell is now
available at:
   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/aspell-0.60.7-20110705.tar.gz

Changes so far (from 0.60.6.1):

    * Add partial support for recognizing the Unicode apostrophe (') in
      words.  In particular Aspell will accept the Unicode apostrophe
      when the language uses an ISO Latin charset that doesn't already
      have a Unicode apostrophe.  For now, Aspell will still use the
      ASCII version in suggestions.

    * Detect when a dictionary compiled on a 32-bit machine is used on a
      64-bit one (and vise versa), as due to an oversight, compiled
      dictionaries depend on more than the endianness.  Also added a
      compile time option to remove this dependency, but at the cost of
      breaking compatibility with already compiled dictionaries on
      64-bit systems.

    * In addition to outputting a warning when building with NDEBUG
      defined also include NDEBUG in the version string.

    * Other minor updates and bug fixes.

I will update this snapshot as needed until Aspell 0.60.7 is released.  I
consider these snapshots as stable as a released version of Aspell.  I am
making snapshots because Aspell development is sporadic and I am never
quite sure when to cut a release, so instead I will update the snapshot as
I fix bugs and make enhancements.  Eventually I will cut a release, I just
don't know when that is.

New snapshot announcements will only be to aspell-devel list if at all.
It's best just to check the website periodically for updates or watch
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/ for new files.