List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Help configuring library
From:       Ian Sidor <ian.sidor () me ! com>
Date:       2011-02-06 21:28:19

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I found the libs in the directory you suggested. The problem was that Mac OSX hides \
directories with a preceding '.' and therefore I simply couldn't see it.

However, I'm having trouble linking the libraries into my project. Let me explain \
more about what I'm doing....

I'm using XCode on Mac OSX and I'm writing an application that runs on iOS devices \
(iPhone/iPod/iPad). I would like to use Aspell to do some spell checking which means \
I need to configure a static library as there is no other option on iOS.

iOS devices use ARM architecture and the Simulator uses i386.

When it comes to configuring makefiles, I'm pretty much a fish out of water ... \
almost zero experience. How to I configure Aspell to build a library that will work \
within my project?

I suspect I will need to generate a dylib that is a universal binary (like most \
things on Mac).

This is the current error when I link with the default configuration:

(Simulator Build)
ld: warning: in libpspell.15.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which \
is not the architecture being linked (i386)

(Device Build)
ld: warning: in libpspell.15.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which \
is not the architecture being linked (armv6)