List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] distributing aspell with your win32 application
From:       Ian Walters <ian () walters ! id ! au>
Date:       2010-07-23 2:17:21

Hi all,

How do I setup my app to include aspell dictionaries as part of its =
installation?

I found the win32 installers, but I don't want my users to have to =
install the spell checker separately from the application.

Are there instructions anywhere on how to setup a set of dictionaries =
other than running the installer or a build process.  e.g. "Put these =
files here, set this config variable" rather than "run this exe, pass =
this option to when building from source"

It seems just copying the dict directory (or dict and data) is a no-no =
as even when changing the prefix, this leads to unload-able =
dictionaries, at least for me.

To recap:
I only want my users to have to run a single installer, I don't want to =
point them at other websites for some default dictionaries
I want the end result to be simple for my users
its the dictionaries that seem to be tripping me up, not loading the =
dll.

Thanks for any help,

Ian.=