List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Unexpected result in pipe mode,	line starts with plus sign
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () cs ! utah ! edu>
Date:       2009-12-01 4:51:11

sun fish wrote:

> Note that this result begins with a plus sign + instead of & * or #. I
> believe this means that "rsA'l" is the root word of "brsAilnA" (since
> b+ and +nA are affixes), but this does not seem to be part of the
> usual aspell/ispell pipe api. Can someone point me to some
> documentation or clarify this functionality?

Your assumption is correct.  Sorry for the outdated docs.  The output
attempts to mimic Ispell as close as possible.  See the Ispell manual page
(http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell-man.html).  Doc. patches welcome.

> Second question....  I can't get example-c to work with the arabic
> dictionary. Does anyone have example usage of example-c with a
> different character set and language (not english, non-latin)? I don't
> really understand why I need to specify a size and jargon before I can
> specify a character set (what do I set jargon to?). In any case, my
> examples are all utf8, which does not seem to be a valid character set
> for aspell.
>
> ./examples/example-c ar
> Error: The file
> "[...]/tools/aspell-0.61-20071105/lib/aspell-0.61/l-ar.cset" can not
> be opened for reading.

This looks like a problem with your Aspell installation.  Does that file
exist?  It should.

> ./examples/example-c ar huge blah utf8

Use "-" instead of "huge" and "blah"