List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell and old German orthography
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () gnu ! org>
Date:       2008-07-12 7:29:43

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Zoé Skótos wrote:

Hi, Aspell author here.

> why it's possible to download from GNU Aspell on the Windows port some .exe
> files for some languages and it's not possible to download the old German
> orthography as an .exe file?

Because the Aspell Windows port is out of date, and I do not have time to
maintain it.

> The description how to convert files for Aspell is very poor an useless, I
> need a step by step description an on the net it's not possible to find
> dictionaries for the old German orthography.
> So it's also not described how to convert .dic/aff files.

This is not necessary.  Ge is mistaken.  There is a perfectly good Aspell
dictionary for the old German orthography, available at:
   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/de-alt/aspell6-de-alt-2.1-1.tar.bz2

However it is a dictionary package and not something you can just install.
I'm very sorry but I do not have time to help you.