List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Problem with =?iso-8859-1?q?=DF_character_and_lacking_German_supp?=
From:       Florian Mayer <flormayer () aim ! com>
Date:       2008-06-14 21:33:40

I have tried out aspell today, using German documents. I have found out
that the ß character is not rendered correctly here, locale being
en_US.utf8 and terminal being urxvt. Also there seem to be some flaws in
the German spell checking, as it does not mark "Das Große Auto ist
schön" as a mistake, although it is for "Große" must be spelled "große",
lowercase, for it is an adjective.
Are there any patches or alternative dictionaries for this?

Thanks in advance.