List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Compiling / Creating an rws file for Aspell
From:       setterg () att ! net
Date:       2008-03-17 18:15:55

<snip>
> Can someone point me to a good Windows based utility for compiling
> an .rws file to replace my existing one?
<snip>

Hi John,

It has been a long time since I have done anything with aspell. The only thing I can \
suggest is to take a look at the manual at aspell.net. The way I recall the system is \
that you need to do one of two thinks, use dump to turn the current compile rws file \
into a text file, or gather several word lists. Then you need to edit out the words \
you don't want. Last you need to the aspell utility (aspell.exe) to compile the text \
file into a rws file. You might already have a aspell.exe file as part of your \
speller pages installation. I believe you can get aspell.exe from the win32 port link \
on aspell.net. I wish I could recall all the commands to do the dump and compile, but \
it has been a long time :-).

Best of luck to you.

P.S. Pay close attention to versions, there have been several version of aspell since \
aspell 0.5 and you need something compatible. Also pay attention to the aspell.config \
file. It controls how aspell.exe actual works.

Gary