List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Using Speller Pages w/ Aspell
From:       John Cage <j0hncage () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-08 4:05:45

Here's my situation but before that, Thank you verymuch to those who have replied so \
far.  Your replies are very muchappreciated.

I'm working with a MS Windows system and have a form that I need a spellchecker for.  \
This is an internal work site and not a commercial site. I'd happened across 'Speller \
Pages' which is where I first experiencedAspell and it appears that Speller Pages was \
initially designed to workwith Aspell version 0.50

I have Speller Pages working well with Aspell 0.50 in this form but I really \
wouldlike to get to the raw dictionary file (ASCII text I had hoped but notthe case) \
to remove inappropriate language (the naughty words containedin the dictionary i.e. \
the 'F' word, etc).  I have Aspell version 0.60too but clearly it's a huge step up \
from 0.50 and it didn't easily lenditself to a replacement for version 0.50 for \
Speller Pages and the form.

As I look at 0.50, there are four folders (bin, dict, data, doc) andthe file I \
'suspect' is the 'words' file is in the 'dict' folder andtitled 'en-only.rws' (rather \
large file at 4,045,824).

So can someone give me more info on 'de-compiling' to edit the dictionary wordsfile \
and then re-compiling to a usable dictionary file?  Am assumingDos command line \
commands for this task.

At any rate, there may be far better ways of doing or thinking of thissituation and \
being a newbie to Speller Pages, form spell checking andsuch, I am all ears... :-)

Thank you kindly for any replies - and again, to those of you who have been kind \
enough to lend some advice thus far - a big thank you...

john

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs