List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Is Aspell Still Relevant in Light of Hunspell?
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () gnu ! org>
Date:       2007-10-19 6:43:53

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, eleonora46@gmx.net wrote:

> From Hungarian point of view, I stopped
> using aspell since it does not support the
> Hungarian enhancements, that is double folded
> word endings.

It does now, more precisely the latest Aspell snapshot supports it, it is
available at:  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/aspell-0.61-20071019.tar.gz

This version now supports (from the Hunspell manual):
   Twofold suffix stripping
   Homonyms
   Prefix--suffix dependencies
   Circumfix
using the same syntax Hunspell uses.

Homonyms was already supported. And the other three where actually pretty
easy to implement.  It took me around 12 hours.

There are still a few rough spots but everything should more or less work.

Please try it out at let me know.