List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Abbreviations
From:       "Leonardo Fontenelle" <leo.fontenelle () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-18 22:17:29

The .dat [1] file may include rule for special characters. This is mine:

special         - -*- ' -*-  ª --*  º --*  µ **-

You could have something like:

special         . --*

The downside of declaring the dot as part of the word is that, when a
mispelled word is near a dot, the dot is removed when aspell corrects
the word [2].

1. http://aspell.net/man-html/The-Language-Data-File.html#The-Language-Data-File
2. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1609788&group_id=245&atid=350245

Leonardo Fontenelle