List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] LGPL dictionaries in a proprietary application.
From:       "Leonardo Fontenelle" <leo.fontenelle () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-06 22:24:31

2007/6/6, Sebastiaan Visser <sebastiaan@q42.nl>:
> Can we use the uncompressed aspell LGPL'ed dictionary files (the
> plain text wordlists) to compile them to our own format (with our own
> processor) and ship these compiled files with our proprietary
> application?

As far as the "compiled in your own format" dictionary is distributed
with the LGPL license, there shouldn't be any problem. That would mean
providing access to the source code and to some means of compiling to
your format, permiting the user to redistribute the ditionary (both
compiled and source) etc.

Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org