List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell dictionaries for Mac OSX
From:       Jim Ereaux <jereaux () mac ! com>
Date:       2006-11-28 1:18:46

Hi,

I have been able to install Aspell on Mac OSX. I've also downloaded
the Language Toolkit. However, I'm still a little lost with the
process. My needs are to create a word list for the Salish and
Kootenai languages. Some notes and questions...

1. Do I need to have Aspell installed to create a word list, or can I
just use the Language Toolkit?
2. The Salish and Kootenai alphabets use a subset of Unicode
codepoints (approximately 60 each) that are basically a subset of
IPA. I created what I believe is a valid character set.
3. Some unicode codepoints are not in the master Unicode.txt list
(such as U+2C62 and U+026B)...can they be added?
4. I've tried to run the command to build a word list in Aspell, but
get an error that the 'en' language cannot be found
5. If I need to uninstall Aspell, what commands should I use?

Any hints or tips are appreciated. My paltry geeky bits are not
getting what I need to from the docs.

Thanks,

Fred